I am a lover of cooking rice, it is one of the ingredients that I love the most, and with it, the various preparations that can exist and make with rice. It is such a versatile food that allows us to comfortably accommodate other ingredients and provide flavors that are simply delicious.
Today is the turn for rich chorizo rice, such a simple recipe, but that at the same time it is full of all the flavor that the chorizo brings, it is as if it hypnotized you in the first bite.
Can any chorizo be used?
Something is exciting in this preparation, and we can use only one type of chorizo for the recipe. Still, if we want to add a lot more flavor, you can use a wide variety of chorizos, with different flavors, and thus achieve that the chorizo rice Be something delicious.
It is so simple to elaborate dish, you can have it ready in less than an hour, and that if you consume hot and cold still, you know equally delicious.
In case you want to add some vegetables to the rice, be it peas, carrot, bean, or any other type of ingredient, you can do it. And I assure you that its flavor will remain equally delicious, so you decide that you want it Add more to this recipe, or leave it that way and enjoy all its flavor.
So do not miss the opportunity to prepare this excellent chorizo rice, and surprise your family with an easy and delicious recipe. Let’s cook.
How to make Chorizo rice
- 4 sliced chorizo.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ onion sliced.
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 4 cups of water or chicken broth.
- 240 ml of tomato sauce.
- ½ teaspoon oregano dried.
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups of peas optional.
- Salt and pepper.
- In a large pot and over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Cook the chorizo by constantly mixing for 2 minutes.
- Add the onion, garlic, and cook until the onion is transparent.
- Add the water, tomato sauce, oregano, and cumin. Mix well, pepper, and add the rice.
- Let it boil and reduce the heat to low.
- Cover and let cook for 30 more minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Add the peas and cook for two more minutes.
- Serve immediately.