This post is also available in: Español
I have prepared this trout ceviche recipe in one of my cooking classes; without a doubt, it was a delight for me because I had never tasted a more delicious ceviche than shrimp.
But this dish broke all the barriers, and I filled all my expectations, and I want you, like me to dare to prepare this beautiful dish at home, I assure you that you will not regret it.
Should we marinate the trout before its preparation?
IIn this preparation of trout ceviche, we do not use the marinade for this fish, all we do is add a little lemon juice. Minutes before being grilled, we are thus providing an exceptional and pleasant taste for the dish we want to achieve.
This recipe can be used as a starter or as a main dish; it all depends on the quantities with which you are going to serve it. Either way, highly recommended. I have decided to accompany this trout ceviche with avocado mash.
How to make the avocado does not rust?
An essential point when making any preparation with avocado is to know that over time the avocado can turn black. So that this does not happen, we must add milk cream and mayonnaise to the avocado, this will ultimately prevent this from taking that unwanted color.
So you know, do not forget to follow our recipe for trout ceviche, our small recommendations, and step by step, and you will see how your recipe is taking the perfect flavors. Let’s cook.
Trout CevichePrint Pin Rate
- 1 kg of trout
- 2 ripe avocados
- 50 g of mayonnaise
- 50 g of milk cream.
- The juice of two lemons.
- 1 purple onion
- Coriander to taste.
- 200 g of cornstarch
- Start by washing the trout, remove the head, fins, tail, and skin.
- With great care, he begins to take away the thorns he has; this is done by gently running his hands through the trout’s body, and when he feels the thorns, then remove them.
- When you have done this, add the lemon juice to the trout and let stand for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the seed and the peel, and with a fork, mash until you get a puree.
- Add mayonnaise, cream, a little salt, and stir.
- Cut the onion into thin feathers and reserve.
- Now, bring the roasted trout, add a little salt and cook over medium heat on both sides until well cooked.
- To assemble the dish, place mashed avocado in the bottom, followed by the onion in plums, the trout, the cornstarch, and finally, the coriander.
- You can serve accompanied by crispy slices of green banana.
Enjoy your meal!
If you liked this trout ceviche, you could also prepare shrimp ceviche.